A new approach in understanding autoimmune diseases
From bedside to bench and beyond: a new approach in understanding autoimmune diseases← Back to courses
- CIVIS focus area
- Open to
- Field of studies
- Medicine and Health
- Social Science and humanities
- CIVIS Hub 3
- Course dates
- 13 January 2022
The primary target of the Webinar is to educate students on common autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases in a new and exciting way. Starting from an interesting patient case presentation, teachers are going to dive into the phenotype of each disease along with the mechanisms responsible for the generation of the autoimmune responses. Each complicated pathophysiologic pathway will be accompanied by a relevant real-life patient case report, creating an open and circular lane between caring for patients at the bedside and creating scientific advancements at the bench.
- Learn to recognize the clinical picture of common systemic autoimmune diseases
- Learn the pathogenetic path leading to common manifestations in autoimmunity
- Learn how scientific advancements in the bench were implemented in the clinical landscape
This CIVIS course of a total of 4 hours will be held online. It will be taught in English.
This CIVIS course is open to Bachelor's, Master and PhD CIVIS students interested in autoimmunity. A B2 level of English is also required.
Interested students should send an e-mail with a short motivational letter and a CV to email@example.com.
Schedule and speakers
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (2:00-4:00 pm CET)
- Sjogren’s Syndrome (2:00-2:30 pm) by Dr. Loukas Chatzis
- Systemic vasculitis (2:30-3:00 pm) by Dr. Ourania Argyropoulou
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3:00-3:30 pm) by Prof. Panayiotis Vlachoyiannopoulos
- Covid-19 and autoimmunity (3:30-4:00 pm) by Assistant Professor Andreas Goules
University of Tübingen (4:00-6:00 pm CET)
- Scleroderma (4:00-4:30 pm) by Dr. Ann-Christin Pecher, MD
- Familial Mediterranean Fever and autoinflammation (4:30-5:00 pm) by Professor Joerg Henes, MD
- Psoriatic arthritis (5:00-5:30 pm) by Dr. Sebastian Saur, MD
- Behcet’s Disease (5:30-6:00 pm) by Dr. Theodoros Xenitidis, MD