Blended Intensive Programmes - Call for proposals
CIVIS is launching a call for Blended Intensive Programs to be designed, submitted and implemented by the ten partner universities (any academic staff member of a CIVIS member university).
Eligibility criteria include the following:
- Proposals should involve at least 3 CIVIS member universities
- The programme should be in a blended format (virtual sessions & 5 days of physical mobility)
- Participation in the BIP should correspond to a set number of at least 3 and up to 6 ECTS (to be defined by the organisers)
- Proposals should be related to one of the 5 Hubs of the CIVIS Alliance
- Cities, Territories and Mobility
- Climate, Environment, Energy
- Digital and Technological Transformation
- Societies, Culture and Heritage
Find more information and apply on the dedicated webpage.
Call for Proposals dedicated to Horizon Europe: Support for networking activities through organizing workshops
The aim of this call is to support networking amongst the research community of CIVIS and to encourage new collaborative projects amongst the academics of the Alliance. This project can also contribute to reinforce collaborations with the associated African partners of CIVIS. This call will contribute to fund workshops/seminars to support networking activities. The workshop will have to be organised prior to 1 August.
Overall, the expected outcomes of this activity are:
- Strengthening mobilities of the academics within the Alliance
- Facilitating the building of consortia within the Alliance
- Strengthening relations with the Associated partners of CIVIS
- Increasing the number of collaborative projects submitted to Horizon Europe that includes three or more CIVIS partner universities
- Strengthening research collaborations within the CIVIS Hubs
- Experimenting new activities to test case studies to be integrated in the outcomes of RIS4CIVIS
An online info sessions for potential applicants will take place on 9 December 2021.
CIVIS Call - Virtual Mobilities
Aiming to increase mobility among its students and staff members, promote CIVIS values, and cultivate innovation in all addressed areas, the CIVIS Alliance CIVIS is launching its first call for Virtual Mobility programmes to be designed, submitted, and implemented by all partner universities.
Please note that all reported activities (budgeted or not), must finish before the end of the project.
Virtual mobility activities may be organised independently by any Faculty, School or Department of a CIVIS Alliance member university. They can cover:
- CIVIS Open Courses
- CIVIS Modules
- CIVIS Micro-programmes
- CIVIS Summer / Winter Schools
- CIVIS Bootcamps (practical / research-intensive stages)
Call for Proposals: Seed funding for joint projects with CIVIS’ African partner universities
CIVIS is currently developing strategic partnerships with six African universities. With this Call for Proposals, CIVIS seeks to encourage and support the first initiatives from our community of researchers, scholars and staff that lead to vibrant medium and long-term collaborations with (members of) these African partner institutions.
CIVIS can offer up to €8000 to activities which develop:
- the inclusion of further CIVIS member universities in existing cooperations with the African partner institutions
- the involvement of project partners at the African partner institutions in existing CIVIS initiatives, such as Hub initiatives
- new initiatives with our African partners, addressing Hub challenges, with a long-term development perspective
Call for proposal for CIVIS Hub 4 activities: Cities, Territories, and Mobility
This call welcomes academic initiatives from CIVIS member universities:
1 - New proposals fulfilling the 3-partner criterion
2 - Proposals submitted but not selected for another CIVIS Call. Necessary adjustments of the original activity proposal should match the activity with the topics and priorities defined for this Hub Call.
We welcome proposals for education and research activities. Our objective is to foster synergies among Education, research end innovation. The activities can include courses, summer schools, workshops, semesters, project supervision, and research exchanges. The proposed activities could include training & research projects with students as well as workshops/meetings of academic staff to develop future joint academic & research activities. At least one joint and interdisciplinary educational program shall be established within each Hub by the end of2022 (‘joint and interdisciplinary educational programs’ could be CIVIS modules, CIVIS Micro-programs or multilateral MA programs, that can be built on existing joint degree programs between CIVIS partners).
We welcome proposals based on two levels of preparation:
- Activities "ready to go" provided that they comply with the "must be fulfilled" criteria below. For these activities, we can offer CIVIS branding, networks, and support as well as student and staff mobilities.
- Activities at the "planning stage". These are activities for which planning is needed for the implementation of joint teaching projects within the next academic year. For these activities, we can offer CIVIS networks and support as well as staff mobilities so that members can meet (virtually or physically) to exchange ideas.
Call for proposal for CIVIS Hub 2 activities: Society, Culture and Heritage
CIVIS is pleased to launch a second call for activities related to Hub 2: Society, Culture and Heritage. We welcome proposals for activities relevant to the Hub’s themes. Proposed activities may include courses, summer schools, workshops, semesters, project supervision and research exchanges; they may involve educational projects with students as well as workshops/meetings of academic staff to develop future activities together with partners from CIVIS universities.
While the Hub Council especially encourages proposals for activities that increase student mobility, it also agreed on prioritizing allied programs with a long-term perspective for this Call. In addition, for this Call, activities are prioritized that stem from the field of social sciences (including, among others, sociology, political science, law, psychology, economics) or address corresponding focus areas. In this context, projects with contacts to African partners are a particular focus of attention.
Call for proposal for CIVIS Hub 3 activities: Health
We welcome proposals for webinars, workshops, summer schools, courses, mini programmes, multiple and joint degrees (Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD) involving at least 3 CIVIS partner universities. The activities should be related to one or more of the domains of HEALTH defined by the CIVIS Health Hub Council.
Call for Proposals for CIVIS Hub 1 Activities: Climate, Environment and Energy
This is the third call for activities launched by CIVIS Hub 1: Climate, Environment, Energy.
We welcome proposals for education and research activities. Our objective is to foster synergies between education and R&I. We are especially looking for allied programs, allied semesters and allied courses and course packages at Bachelor's, Master's and PhD levels. We also welcome proposals for short courses, summer schools, workshops, project supervision and research exchanges.
The proposed activities could include training and research projects with students as well as workshops or meetings of academic staff to develop future joint academic and research activities.
We welcome proposals which are “ready to go” - preferably before the end of 2022. Proposed activities must involve at least three CIVIS universities (see the selection criteria for more details). These include initiatives that open up existing programs, semesters and courses at partner universities for academic collaboration within CIVIS.
Call for Proposals for CIVIS Hub 1 Activities: Climate, Environment and Energy
- new proposals fulfilling the 3-partner criterion
- proposals submitted for the first call
CIVIS Call - Intensive Programs
In CIVIS's aim to increase mobility among its students and staff members and in view of promoting the values above and cultivating innovation in the above areas, CIVIS is launching its third call for Short Term Mobility programs to be designed, submitted, and implemented by the nine partner European Universities, in collaboration among three or more among them, focusing on CIVIS Call 1 - Intensive Programs: CIVIS Student Week/ Days/School .
Call for proposals to support civic initiatives - CIVIS label
Each year, the CIVIS European Civic University offers the opportunity to the representatives of the Alliance to submit an ongoing or new initiative that fits the civic values and goals of the CIVIS Alliance by developing civic engagement activities within the consortium.
The call is open to students, academics, researchers and administrative staff from the CIVIS alliance. Selected project proposals will be rewarded with the CIVIS label.
Please visit the call webpage for more information.