CIVIS for PhD candidates
Live a unique PhD experience with CIVIS!
CIVIS, a European Civic University brings together 10 leading research universities from across Europe. All CIVIS member universities share academic freedom and intellectual values as well as a culture of excellence.
Are you a student or academic at one of CIVIS member universities? Take advantage of our European interuniversity space and enjoy seamless mobility to study, teach, train, work and collaborate in any of the CIVIS member universities.
Find all the opportunities for PhDs below!
Towards interdisciplinary and impact-driven academic and research projects
Fostering collaboration in education, research and innovation are fundamental aspects of our European University Initiative. Within our university alliance, we will develop innovative educational and research initiatives which will focus on major societal challenges rather than disciplines. To this extent, we will foster collaboration around 5 interdisciplinary thematic research and education areas which are linked to CIVIS’s values and closely connected to the UN sustainable development goals:
Cities, territories and mobilities
Digital and Technological transformation
Climate, environment and energy
Society, culture, heritage
Supporting you through career development and extensive collaboration
Working within the CIVIS university alliance, you will:
- benefit from facilitated access to a European and collaborative environment
- have access to first-class research and academic infrastructures
- benefit from funding opportunities and doctoral fellowships
- take on a European Doctoral programme with mobility opportunities
- develop your professional skills through advanced courses and training programmes
- work on interdisciplinary and international projects which are focused on societal challenges
- build a professional network at European and international level
- have many opportunities for multidisciplinary research across the network of eight universities
- attend exclusive seminars, conferences and other events to CIVIS members only
Opportunities for PhD candidates
Call for 5 fully-funded PhD positions at the University of Salzburg
- Application deadline: 20 April 2022
- Intended beginning date: to be negotiated (1 October 2022 at the latest)
- Planned duration: up to 4 years
- Extent of employment: 30 hours per week
- Salary: approx. 32.204.- € per year (gross, based on FWF standard salaries 2022)
CIVIS courses for PhDs
Travel abroad, learn new skills, get hands-on experience and expand your knowledge with our interdisciplinary and challenge-based short-term courses! Our CIVIS mobility programmes are FREE and open to all students enrolled in one of our member universities