The UNI-T Academy (eUropeaN cIvic Teacher Academy) project, coordinated at AMU by the Inspé, is one of the 11 projects selected by the European Commission as part of the Erasmus+ Teacher Academies call for projects.
Fully in line with the CIVIS dynamic, the project associates several partners of the alliance: Aix-Marseille Université, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Tübingen University, Université libre de Bruxelles and Sapienza Università di Roma. Together with the Rectorat of Aix-Marseille, the project also has associated partners from the school education sector such as universities in Belgium, and various schools in Greece and Italy.
The UNI-T Academy project aims, over a period of three years, to improve the European dimension and internationalisation of teacher training in order to enhance its attractiveness and mobility between countries. To achieve this, the university partners and the associated educational institutions will develop European communities of practice to encourage European teachers and future teachers to think about education beyond national borders.
The project is based on 4 professional development strategies, each of which relies on various mobility mechanisms (physical and virtual mobility) and the development of mutual recognition systems of acquired competences in order to eventually promote teacher mobility.
- Strategy 1: the joint development of hybrid learning modules based on educational research and exchanges between participants.
- Strategy 2: Webinars and summer schools that will encourage transnational and intercultural dialogues with different educational actors (schools, universities and educational institutions).
- Strategy 3: Transnational action research projects bringing together teachers and educational actors with educational researchers.
- Strategy 4: A transversal approach to the mobility of students, pre-service and in-service teachers, and teacher trainers, including open badge recognition systems.
With a budget of almost 2 million euros, the UNI-T project and the actions proposed in the project should allow :
- Access to a wider range of knowledge and the confrontation of personal representations of teachers and future teachers on what education should be.
- The development of new knowledge for educational research.
- The development of wider professional teacher networks at national and international level.
- Opportunities to promote teaching careers and employability.
- Académie de Aix-Marseille – rectorat
- Aix-Marseille Université – inspe
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Université libre de Bruxelles
- Sapienza Università di Roma
- University of Tübingen
- Twitter : @uni_t_academy
|Co-funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them|