Language Teaching Staff Training Week 2021
2 to 3 June 2021
- Type of event
- Language Teaching Staff Training
- Open to
- CIVIS academics and researchers
- 2 to 3 June 2021
- Apply by
- 31 May 2021 Register
The Universidad Autonoma de Madrid is organising an online Language Teaching Staff Training Week. The Training Week will help map the different language levels taught across CIVIS universities in undergraduate and postgraduate studies, and it will provide a space to share expertise and best practice among the academic staff that belong to the network.
The programme will be organized under three main themes:
- Mapping languages and levels according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Current teaching models ( e.g. communicative language teaching, task based language learning, collaborative learning, tandem language learning, skills development, internationalization in the classroom, etc.) and teaching material
- Modern Technologies, blended learning, blended mobility
The seminar will be held in two days, with the following timetable:
- June 2, 2021:
- First session: 10.00-11.20
- Second session: 11.30-13.00
- Lunch break: 13.00-15.00
- Third session: 15.00-14.30
June 3, 2021 :
- Fourth session: 10.00-11.20
- Fifth session: 11.30-13.00
- Lunch break: 13.00-15.00
- Sixth session: 15.00-16.25 (different online rooms for the different languages will be provided for the participant to work on specific issues)
- Wrap-up session: 16.30-17.00
Sessions one to five will address common issues related to the teaching of foreign languages, in order to share the acquired know-how up to date, the challenges ahead, needs and objectives for the future and the new possibilities opened by options like blended and virtual mobility within the CIVIS Network.
In these common sessions, speakers will be invited to present the philosophy and methods of their teaching system in order to share the valuable knowledge accrued to date. It is considered that the pulse for innovation must not come from a void, but from a seasoned reflection on the current state of affairs, the successes of the past, the challenges of the present and the projected future objectives.
The sixth session will be held in parallel online rooms in order to address the specific issues of the different languages taught at CIVIS universities, especially dealing with the different language levels and the material and resources used for their teaching.
Who can apply?
- Language teachers from CIVIS Universities
Spanish, English, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Korean, Persian, Turkish, Finnish, Sign language,
Due to the restrictions imposed by online connections a maximum of 100 participants will be established.
Ms Carmen Rodríguez López at Carmen.email@example.com