- CIVIS focus area
- Open to
- Field of studies
- Medicine and Health
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Course dates
- 4 - 15 July 2022
Critical care is a major field of clinical medicine but it is not very well represented in the standard medical curriculum. This CIVIS Summer School will provide students with basic theoretical knowledge in combination with hands-on training in the field of critical care.
Main topics addressed
- Invasive procedures
- Mechanical ventilation
- Point-of-care Ultrasound
- Airway management
- Incidents and team training
- Medical ethics, staff burnout and resilience
Following this course, students will learn how to identify, assess and manage critically ill or injured patients.
|Dates: 4 - 15 July 2022||Format: Blended|
|Language: English||Location: Tübingen, Germany|
|ECTS: 2*||CIVIS scholarships: 12|
|Contact hours: 30||Individual workload: 60|
* Recognition of ECTS depends on your home University. Certificates of attendance will be awarded to local and visiting students.
The course is organised into two parts:
- Virtual preparation week: online sessions from 4-8 July 2022 (part-time)
- Hands-on training week: physical mobility to Tübingen, Germany, from 11-15 July 2022 (full time)
This CIVIS course is open to Bachelor's and Master's degree students in Medicine at one of CIVIS member universities. Students should already have a first clinical experience. As the physical part of the course will take place at the University Hospital, proof of immunization against COVID 19 will probably be required when entering the clinical buildings.
For any further questions, send an e-mail to: CIVIS_tuebingen2022_criticalcare@med.uni-tuebingen.de
Interested students should fill in the application form and send it to the following e-mail address:
Selected students will be notified by 30 march 2022.
Students will be assessed based on an assignment to be completed and presented by the end of the CIVIS course.
- Dr Flaminia Coluzzi: Associate Professor at Sapienza Università di Roma
- Dr Mo Haddad: Honorary Clinical Associate Professor, University of Glasgow, School of Medicine
- Dr Anne Herrmann-Werner: Professor at the University of Tübingen, Faculty of Medicine
- Dr Sami Hraiech: MCU-PH Médecine Intensive – Réanimation, Aix-Marseille Université
- Dr Manuel Quintana: Associate Professor at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Department of Medicine
- Dr Reimer Riessen: Professor at the University Hospital Tübingen, Dept. of Medicine, Medical Intensive Care Unit
- Dr Robert Wunderlich: University Hospital Tübingen, Dept. of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine