Summer School: Microbes, host & infection
Dive into the world of microbiology and infection biology! Present and discuss your project and network with international doctoral students and renowned scientists while enjoying the beautiful nature close to the Swabian Alb.← Back to courses
- CIVIS focus area
- Open to
- Field of studies
- Medicine and Health
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Course dates
- 5 - 8 July 2022
This CIVIS Summer School will consist of three days filled with talks given by PhD students as well as renowned scientists. Poster sessions and discussion rounds on selected topics will support networking between international students. Furthermore, social activities will be organized.
Main topics addressed
Talks and posters:
- Host-microbiome-interaction, tropical medicine, microbial cell biology, antibiotics, Infection & immunity, virology, structural biology.
Round table discussions:
- Methodological subjects (e.g. microscopy, protein-protein interaction)
- Discussing & solving methodological and scientific issues
- Sharing knowledge and experiences
- Improving poster and talk presentation skills
- Networking with international scientists
|Format: Physical||Individual workload: 6-7 days (8hours/day)|
|Location: Tübingen and Bad Boll||Contact hours: 20 hours|
|Language: English (B2)||N° of CIVIS scholarships: 15|
|ECTS: 2||Dates: 5 - 8 July 2022|
The recognition of ECTS depends on your home university. Reach out to the CIVIS contact point within your university for further information.
The course will be held in Tübingen and Bad Boll, Germany, depending on the Covid-related restrictions that will be in force in Germany at that moment. More information will be provided as soon as possible.
This CIVIS Summer School will start on the afternoon of 5 July 2022 in Tübingen, Germany, with a cultural and social program. The departure to the conference centre in Bad Boll is planned for the morning of 6 July 2022. The scientific program of the Summer School will include talk sessions, poster sessions and round table discussions with experienced scientists. Evening sessions and on-site activities are also included. The return to Tübingen is planned after lunch on 8 July 2022.
This CIVIS Summer School is open to PhD students enrolled at Aix-Marseille Université and Stockholm University only.
Applicants should work in the field of microbiology.
Applicants who are interested in joining the Summer School are invited to send an abstract (max. 350 words in English; including authors, references and title) and a cover letter indicating their motivation to email@example.com by 18 March 2022.
Selected applicants will be then invited to give a talk or to prepare a poster.
The final selection of applicants will be communicated during the week of 15-22 March 2022.
A committee of participating professors and students will evaluate posters and talks.
The best 3 posters, as well as the best talk, will be awarded a prize.
- Dr. Silvia Portugal, Malaria Parasite Biology, Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Berlin
- Dr. Kristina Jonas, Bacterial Cell Cycle Control, Stockholm University
- Dr. Jan Schuller, Structural Biology, University of Marburg
Dr. Konstatin Sparrer, University Hospital Ulm