In the context of its aim to increase mobility among its students and staff members and in view of promoting the values above and cultivating innovation in the mentioned areas, CIVIS is launching a call for Blended Intensive Programmes (BIPs) to be designed, submitted and implemented by the eleven partner universities.
The 3rd BIP call will perpetuate the basic design of earlier BIP calls, however, some adjustments will be made according to recommendations of the Task Force BIP.
Essential innovation will very likely be (still to be approved):
- A rise of possible days for the physical mobility to 5 to 10 days.
- The integration of Teaching Staff from our African Partner Universities depending on available funding (KA 171)
- A revised BIP calendar with 2 Programme Calls + 2 Students Calls per year
Eligibility criteria include the following:
- Proposals should involve at least 3 CIVIS member universities
- The programme should be in a blended format (virtual sessions & physical mobility)
- Participation in the BIP should correspond to a workload of 3-6 ECTS (to be defined by the organisers)
- Proposals should be related to one of the 5 Hubs of the CIVIS Alliance
- Cities, Territories and Mobility
- Climate, Environment, Energy
- Digital and Technological Transformation
- Societies, Culture and Heritage
The application deadline is 30 April 2023.
Blended Intensive Programmes
As stated in the Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027 Higher Education Mobility Handbook (p.6):
“Blended intensive programmes aim to open up more opportunities for learners to take part in blended mobilities. They will foster the development of transnational and transdisciplinary curricula, as well as innovative ways of learning and teaching, including online collaboration, research-based learning, and challenge-based approaches in order to tackle societal challenges.
BIPs can be part of the HEIs’ curricula or complementary to them. They can be an entirely new programme or they can be an enhancement of an existing programme with additional features such as the delivery mode in a blended format.
In addition, BIPs can be a good opportunity to reach out to new groups of students, for example, those in study fields where mobility opportunities have been limited or those who lack the confidence to go abroad alone, potentially paving the way for their participation in long-term individual mobility later in their studies”.
Interested in applying?
This call for proposals will be open for application from 1 to 30 April 2023. More details on how to apply will be published soon:
- The detailed BIPs call for proposals description and the eligibility criteria (available latest by 1 April)
- The link to the online application form which will be open from 1 to 30 April 2023
If you are interested in submitting a proposal and have questions or would like to be put in touch with other academics, contact your CIVIS local point.