- Open to
- CIVIS students & academics
- 10 octombrie 2022
We are living in a period where the organization of work is rapidly changing. There is an increased reliance on remote work and various forms of self-employment. This has led to significant changes in the organizational structures of companies and the need for individual adaptation to this new situation. Addressing mental health issues at the workplace has always been an important issue that has not received enough attention but in this new scenario, it will require ingenuity and flexibility to tailor interventions to the realities of the workplace setting.
The webinar will rely on several teaching approaches to ensure an interactive and lively atmosphere. Experts in the field of mental health at the workplace from different European universities will give an overview of the topic and will present ideas, policies, and measures that can help students to think about how to increase well-being and mental health in the workplace.
Main topics addressed
- Wellbeing and mental health at the workplace
- Successful policies around healthy work: Swedish perspectives
- The impact of technology on work-related stress
- Reduction of psychosocial risk factors and early detection of mental disorders in the workplace
- Emotion regulation to prevent burnout at the workplace
- Overview of barriers and facilitators to implementing mental health promotion interventions in workplace settings
- Learn about the Swedish way of addressing employer responsibility for occupational health and well-being; about the complexity of policy work around mental health and well-being; about future challenges relating to mental health and well-being at work
- Know the relation between procrastination and stress
- Recognize the role of some work-related factors on mental health, to know the type of workplace actions that can be launched to detect common mental health problems and their effectiveness, and finally to get knowledge on some existing European-level research actions to promote mental health in the workplace
- Know what kinds of regulation processes are activated, and what are their correlates and consequences both at individual and group levels because of their potential implications for the well-being of individuals and the job environment in work teams
- Pilar López-García, MD, PhD, Faculty of Medicine, Head of Department of Psychiatry, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Petra Lindfors, PhD, Department of Psychology, Stockholm University
- Francesco Di Nocera, PhD, Department of Planning, Design, and Technology of Architecture, Sapienza Università di Roma
- Maria Cabello, PhD, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Raquel Rodríguez-Carvajal, PhD, School of Psychology, Biological and Health Psychology Department, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
The webinar will run on 10 October 2022 and have a length of 2.5 hours.
- 14.00 CET: Introduction of the webinar and the speakers
- 14.05 CET: Wellbeing and mental health at the workplace (Pilar, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
- 14.25 CET: Successful policies around healthy work: Swedish perspectives (Petra, Stockholm University)
- 14.45 CET: The impact of technology on work-related stress (Francesco, Sapienza Università di Roma)
- 15.05 CET: Break
- 15.15 CET: Reduction of psychosocial risk factors and early detection of mental disorders at the workplace (María Cabello, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
- 15.35 CET: Emotion regulation to prevent burnout at the workplace (Raquel Rodriguez, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
- 15.55 CET: Discussion
- 16.30 CET: Closing
If you have any questions, contact the organiser of the webinar by email.