Inaugural session of the European Student Assembly: 17 CIVIS students selected to participate
Day 1: 3 March 2022, 18.00-19.30 CET
Day 2: 4 March 2022, 9.00-10.30 CET
The inaugural session of the European Student Assembly brings together student representatives from all 41 European university alliances (EUAs), for a conference to be held at the European Parliament in Strasbourg in March 2022. This inaugural session is the first of a series of gatherings that will give students a public voice in the European Union. The call for participation was a great success, with more than 800 applications!
Participating in the European Student Assembly is a unique opportunity for students to make their voices heard in the first event gathering student representatives from almost all European university alliances. They will draft powerful recommendations to be submitted to the European institutions as part of the Conference on the Future of Europe.
The main objectives of the inaugural session of the European Student Assembly are the following:
- Voicing the opinion of students in the Conference on the Future of Europe
- Fostering the participation of students within EUAs
- Reinforcing collaboration between different EUAs
- Increasing the impact and visibility of the EUAs initiative
- Laying the foundations of a long-term initiative to increase the participation of youth in the European democratic process
For more information, visit the European Universities Community website.