Webinar series: Challenges and solutions to ageing in place
14 febbraio to 16 maggio 2023← Back to events
- Type of event
- Webinar series
- Open to
- CIVIS academics, researchers and administrative staff
- 14 febbraio to
16 maggio 2023
The CIVIS Hub Health is happy to invite you to a series of webinars dedicated to the Challenges and solutions to ageing in place.
As our societies age, there is urgent need to provide answers to the challenges raised by the complex and multifaceted phenomenon of ageing. These series of webinars are designed to provide the participants with a rigorous and interdisciplinary view of the ageing process from molecular and cell biology to societal and ethical challenges, passing through the age-related functional decline and interventions for achieving a healthier and safer ageing.
The webinars are dedicated to undergraduate, MSc, PhD, post-doctoral students and academic staff from CIVIS member universities.
The webinars will take place once a month, from February to May 2023, with a very attractive and inspiring programme. Each webinar will be running for 1 hour.
As registration remains open for the entire period, it is also possible to follow only part of the webinars.
14 February 2023
17:00- 18:00 CET
Non-visual effects of blue light on sleep, mood and cognition in fit and frail seniors
Professor Gerhard Eschweiler
14 March 2023
18:00 - 19:00 CET
Healthy mouth, healthy lives in older age
Professor Anastassia Kossioni
18 April 2023
18:00 - 19:00 CET
Microglia, oxidative stress and aging
Professor Manuela G. Lopez
16 May 2023
17:00 - 18:00 PM CET
Ageing and Proprioceptio
Professor Stéphane Baudryn
The participants of the webinar series will:
- Acquire multidisciplinar state-of-the-art knowledge on the phenomenon of ageing
- Gain awareness of the necessity of an interdisciplinary approach for a complex field that necessitates integrating concepts from the biological and medical sciences, the social sciences and the humanities.
- Get familiar with up-to-date research in the evolving field of ageing
- Develop transversal skills, such as communication skills, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Participate in networking activities and provide a bond between the CIVIS universities in order to build future collaborative activities
The webinars will be led by academics from different backgrounds and fields of expertise from 4 CIVIS member universities. The speakers will share their knowledge and their current research on ageing.
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM)
- Manuela G. Lopez, Dpt. of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
- Stéphane Baudry, Faculty for Motor Sciences
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA)
- Anastasia Kossioni, Dpt. of Dentistry, School of Health Sciences
University of Tübingen (UT)
- Gerhard Eschweiler, Geriatric Centre