- Open to
- CIVIS students & academics
- 6 juin 2022
This webinar aims to assist dentists to understand the patho-physiology of MRONJ and to give analytical instructions regarding the screening of patients at risk, prevention, diagnostic criteria, and management strategies of patients with this condition.
Treatment of osteoporosis or bone metastases with agents, such as bisphosphonates or denosumab, or other agents, such as angiogenesis inhibitors may cause a rare potentially serious condition called Medication-Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (MRONJ).
While numerous etiopathogenic mechanisms of this condition have been proposed, the precise mechanism for MRONJ is not yet clearly understood. While in most cases MRONJ manifests as exposed bone in the jaw, unexposed MRONJ has also been identified. Patients report current or previous treatment with bisphosphonates or denosumab, or angiogenesis inhibitors, but no history of radiotherapy to the jaws or obvious metastatic disease of the jaws. Although multidisciplinary treatment strategies have been developed, prevention of MRONJ is of a major importance.
Main topics addressed
- List of antiresorptive medications
- List of antiangiogenic medications
- Risk profile
- Identifications of osteometabolic patients
- Identicfications of oncologic patients
- News concerning the management of MRONJ
- Umberto Romeo, Professor at Sapienza Università di Roma
- Alessandro Del Vecchio, Professor a.c. at Sapienza Università di Roma
- Emannouli Vardas, Professor at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Erofili Papadopoulou PhD at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Cyrill Bouland, Professor at Université libre de Bruxelles
- Leila Sahli, Professor at Université libre de Bruxelles
This webinar is related to the medical/dental field. It is open to Bachelor's, Master & PhD students and academics at CIVIS member universities.
The webinar will be held online on Zoom, on 6 June 2022,14.00-16.00 CEST. To register and receive more information about how to participate in the webinar series, click here and fill in this online form.
If you have any questions, please contact Umberto Romeo from Sapienza Università di Roma.
This webinar is organised by: