CIVIS is looking for a communication assistant
Within the Alliance, ULB assumes responsibility for the “Sustainability and Dissemination” component of the project and, in this context, ULB is looking for a Communications Assistant who will carry out, for the entire alliance, in Brussels, under the supervision of the CIVIS Communication Officer, the following missions.
- Produce content for all types of media: brochures, web and paper articles, press releases, video clips, etc.
- Support the CIVIS Communications Officer and the Communications and Sustainability Work Package co-leaders in the implementation of the communication strategy: community management, copywriting, website management, and other administrative tasks.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Communication, foreign languages, humanities, graphic design or other fields relevant for the job.
- A few years’ experience in a similar position would be an asset
- Applications with a higher level of qualification will not be considered.
- Persons holding a diploma not issued by the Fédération Wallonie Bruxelles must obtain an equivalence from the FWB (http://www.equivalences.cfwb.be/index.php?id=486)
Skills and knowledge required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of integrated and 360 communications strategies
- Solid experience in content production and Website management
- Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Suite (esp. Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere) and other communication management tools (esp. Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and Google Ads)
- Good command of English (C1 level minimum) and good command of French. Knowledge of one or more other languages used within the Alliance (French, German, Greek, Italian, Romanian, Spanish, and Swedish) is an asset
Soft skills related to the position
- Ability to adapt to a variety of contexts
- Ability to integrate into an international team and collaborate mostly remotely
- Sense of rigor (including with deadlines), organisation, autonomy, and initiative
- Sense of diplomacy and cultural sensitivity
- Personal commitment, professional demeanour, and flexibility
Equal opportunities policy
- ULB's personnel policy is based on diversity and equal opportunities.
- We recruit candidates on the basis of their skills, regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, origin, nationality, beliefs, disability, etc.
- Would you like to be reasonably accommodated in the selection process because of a disability, disorder, or illness? When you fill in the online application form, you can tick a box that will be brought to our attention when analysing the applications. Please be assured of the confidentiality of this information.
- An analysis of the skills and duties required for any position is available on request.