CIVIS Call 1 - Intensive Programs: CIVIS Student Week/ Days
CIVIS, a European Civic University brings together eight leading research universities from eight countries across Europe: Aix-Marseille Université (France), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Greece), University of Bucharest (Romania), Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium), Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Sapienza Università di Roma (Italia), Stockholm University (Sweden) and Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen (Germany).
Our mission is to create an inter-university space to facilitate the collaboration between our academics and researchers on 5 key research and education areas with the goal to develop joint study programmes at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels at the CIVIS member universities.
- Cities, territories and mobilities
- Digital and Technological transformation
- Climate, environment and energy
- Society, culture, heritage
To this extent, we are launching our first CIVIS call for projects to our academics and researchers.
The purpose of the CIVIS Intensive Programs: CIVIS Student Week/Student Days (IP: CSW/CSD) is to enhance collaboration among the member universities of the CIVIS alliance, bringing together their scholars and students.
The CIVIS student week/days may be organized independently by any Faculty/School/Department of the CIVIS alliance Universities, at a Faculty/School/Department level or in collaboration of several among these.
- In collaboration with the respective Faculties/Schools/Departments of at least two (2) other CIVIS alliance Universities (taking into account geographical balance) or more.
- May be organized on a rotation basis, at a different campus of the other partner Universities each year.
Depending on the total duration and of the event, the CIVIS intensive programmes may be formulated as:
- Intensive Programmes: CIVIS STUDENT WEEK: if extending to five (5) days
- Intensive Programmes: CIVIS STUDENT DAYS: if extending from two (2) to four (4) days.
- Each IP: CSW/CSD can be proposed for a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 3 editions per year.
The IP: CSW/CSD programme should:
- Be related to one of the 5 themes of the Alliance:
- Cities, Territories, Mobilities
- Climate, Environment, Energy
- Digital & Technological transformations
- Society, Culture, Heritage
- Each year the IP: CSW/CSD may have a specific (sub)theme that all of IP: CSW/CSD speakers, talks and events will focus on. Themes may vary from year.
The IP:CSW/CSD programme may include the key feature event, plus a combination of any of the following:
- Lessons or lectures
- A key-note speech
- Student papers presentations
- Workshops involving academics & students
- Round-table discussions
Call Deadline – submission procedure
- Proposals for the organization of IP: CSW/CSD should be submitted by 30th June 2020.
- Submission should be done:
- by the leading Faculty/School member of the CIVIS University hosting first the IP:CSW/CSD in the next academic year.
- by filling in the IP:CSW/CSD submission form, co-signed by his/her peers (via scanned documents) in the other partner Universities.
- submission: by e-mail, to the CIVIS Steering Committee, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information including the eligibility criteria, application form and a detailed description of the call can be found in the documents below.