Multicultural metamorphosis: how culture and heritage shape social transformations
We live in an age of constant adaptation and transformation, where diversity and mobility coexist with the continued importance of attachment to a place or a culture. This summer, participants in the course Metamorphosis in a changing world explored these issues through the lens of lusophony. What can the multicultural Portuguese speaking world tell us about the role of a shared language in social transformation?
The course was hosted in Aix-en-Provence by Aix-Marseille Université, and co-organised with the Université libre de Bruxelles and the Università Sapienza di Roma. 24 students from 8 CIVIS member universities participated, with 10 nationalities represented. Alongside a series of lectures, students worked on a creative project developing a Virtual Museum of Multiculturalism. You can see the results of their work on Instagram.
- metamorphosis.civis (photos of the course, programme and participants)
- Rome leads to all the roads (project)
- A nova identitade (project)
- The Cape Verde Virtual Museum (project)
- H2O_Heritage to Oasis (project)
- MetamorphOsis_Lusiadas (project)