Aix-Marseille Université, the Universidad Autonóma de Madrid and Sapienza University of Rome invite Academics and Researchers from all CIVIS member universities to follow an entire day dedicated to the presentation of their Master's programmes and research activities in the field of Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies on Tuesday 15 December 2020.
The programme will include focussed flash-talks on specific topics.
The overarching objective of this journey is to build durable collaborations for a future European master degree in Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies, which will be discussed during a round table talk between the main actors in education, international relations and research centres associated to the participating universities in the field.
The webinar is opened to Academics from all eight CIVIS member Universities. People interested in attending the event must register through the online form by Monday 14 December, 16:00 (CET)
NB: the link of the virtual room will be sent to your email address.
9:30-10:10 The CIVIS initiative
9:30-9:50 François Féron, coordinator of CIVIS for Aix-Marseille Université
9:50-10:00 Kevin Noone, coordinator of the CIVIS hubs project
10:00-10:10 Luciano Saso, coordinator of the CIVIS Hub on Health and coordinator of CIVIS for Sapienza University of Rome
10:10 - 12:30 Presentation of local Masters programmes and research centres
Universidad Autonóma de Madrid
10:10-10:25. Raul Guantes, Master in condensed matter physics and biological systems, Nanophysics specialization
10:25-10:40. Herko van der Meulen, Master in advanced materials, nanotechnology and photonics
10:40-10:50. Hermann Suderow: research centres on nanoscience in the Campus
11:10 - 11:30. Laurence Masson, Master Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies
11:30 - 11:50. Pierre Muller, Research centres on Nano inside Institute AMUTech
Sapienza University of Rome
11:50 - 12:10 Marco Rossi, Carlo Massimo Casciola, "Master Degree in Nanotechnology Engineering at Sapienza"
12:10 - 12:30 Maria Sabrina Sarto, "Sapienza Research Infrastructure: resources and services for research and technology transfer in Nanotechnology"
14:00 – 16:00 Research flash-talks
- Antonio d’Alessandro “Research Center on Nanotechnology applied to Engineering & Sapienza Nanotechnology and Nanoscience Lab”
- Raquel Caballero "(Semi)-transparent Kesterite-based solar cells”
- Conrad Becker “2D architectures on surfaces: assembly and properties”
- Francesco Mura "Correlative microscopies at CNIS: results and perspectives”
- Rafael Sanchez “Quantum thermoelectrics of mesoscopic conductors”
- Fabienne Michelini “Quantum transport: managing energy at the nanoscale for technological alternatives”
- Daniele Passeri “Scanning probe microscopy: Topography and beyond”
- Daniel Jaque "Nanoparticles for biomedical imaging”
- Voicu Dolocan “Magnetization dynamics in nanostructures”
- Fabrizio Marra "Rheology for nanomaterials processing and characterization: graphene-based polymer composites for sensing and electromagnetic applications"
- Lola Martín "Ultrafast interference dynamics of polariton condensates"
- Philippe Chiquet "Non-Volatile Memories: from storage to machine learning applications”
- Teresa Rinaldi "Microbial ecosystem in the Etruscan tombs of Tarquinia, Italy”
- Pablo Molina de Pablo "Plasmon-assisted coherent optical sources at the nanoscale"
- Thomas Cornelius “Mechanical properties at small scales”
- Carlo Mariani "New physical phenomena at the nano-scale @ Physics Department at Sapienza”
- Pedro J. de Pablo “Physical Virology with Atomic Force Microscopy: the interplay between structure and function”
- Danilo Dini "Nanostructures for electrochemistry”
- Ignacio Casuso Páramo “The CIVIS and the SummerSchool en AFMBioMed join forces »
- Roberto Otero “Optical properties at the single-molecule scale: Tunnel Electroluminescence with STM”
- Frédéric Leroy "Structure and surface dynamics of solids with low energy electron microscopy »
- Johannes Feist “Molecular polaritonics: Cavity-induced modifications of molecular structure and dynamics”
16:15 – 16h30 Joint study programmes & other ventures within CIVIS
Carmela Calés, Vice-rector for Internationalization and coordinator of CIVIS for Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
16:30 – 17:30 Round table talks
Topic: How to create a European master programme in Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies inside CIVIS?
- C.Calés, Vice-rector for Internationalization and coordinator of CIVIS for Univ. Autonoma di Madrid
- M.Wittamer, CIVIS Executive director, Aix-Marseille Université
- H. Suderow, University Autonomous of Madrid, Physics Department
- R. Gantes, Master in condensed matter physics and biological systems
- H. van der Meulen, Master in advanced materials, nanotechnology and photonics
- R. Miranda, head of IMDEA Nanociencia Institute
- A. d’Alessandro, director of Research Center on Nanotechnology applied to Engineering & Sapienza Nanotechnology and Nanoscience Lab
- M. Rossi, Master in Nanotechnology Engineering at Sapienza
- M.S. Sarto, Sapienza University of Rome, Astronautics, Electrical, Energy Engineering Department
- L. Masson, Master in Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies, Aix-Marseille Université
- F. Michelini, Aix-Marseille University, Department of Physics
- P. Muller, Head of CINAM, head of Center of Interdisciplinary Nanosciences of Marseille
U. Kolukisaoglu, Nano-Science Study Program Coordinator, University of Tübingen
Organisers of the event:
- Fabienne MICHELINI
- Maria Sabrina SARTO
- Hermann SUDEROW