UAM Local CIVIS Days: Open Lab, the link between the university and its environment
17 June 2022← Back to events
- Open to
- 17 June 2022
The Universidad Autónoma de Madrid celebrates its Local CIVIS Days presenting some of the successful local projects already implemented with the participation of a wide range of public and private institutions
Promoting circular economy and the energy transition, bringing archeology and knowledge about our historical heritage closer to citizens, or responding to pandemics such as COVID-19 or loneliness in our elders with the support from university students and academics. These are some of the projects launched by the Open Labs of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) that will be presented to a diverse audience during the Local CIVIS Days organized by the university together with the City Council of Galapagar and the Citizen Observatory for the Conservation of the Heritage of Sierra de Guadarrama.
Fostering the knowledge of local public and private institutions, civic society organizations, and society at large is the key objective of the Local CIVIS Days ‘Facing local challenges: Open Lab, the link between the university and its environment, which will be held on 17 June at 11:00 CET at the Galapagar City Hall.
The event will also be livestreamed. Click here to follow the event online.
Watch the livestream
The event will count on the participation of:
- Felipe García, Councilor for Urban Planning and the Environment of the Galapagar City Council
- José Luis Pau, vice-dean of the Faculty of Sciences at UAM and leader of the Open Labs WP at CIVIS, will present how the university is working through the Open Labs initiative to search for innovative solutions to local challenges through processes of open participation and co-creation. An open and participative process in which the university collaborates with public institutions, private companies, and all kinds of associations and organizations of the civil society
- Amparo Reyes, member of the Local Consultative Council of CIVIS and the Social Council of the UAM, will explain the role of the CIVIS Local Consultative Council and will present the Elderly Accompaniment Program
- Emilio Criado, member of the Social Council of the university and Vice President of the Observatory
- Juan Ignacio Sánchez, UAM professor, will talk about the Mobility and context data project
- Javier Salido, UAM professor, will present the program Heritage for all: citizen participation and social innovation
Click here to watch the streaming!
- 11.00 CET - Welcome and opening. Goals and objectives of the Sierra de Guadarrama Intermunicipal Association (AISGUA). Felipe García, Councilor for Urban Planning and the Environment of the Galapagar City Council.
- Approaching universities to their environment and the European CIVIS project. José Luis Pau, Professor at the Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM) and leader of the start-up of the Open Labs of the CIVIS Alliance.
- Role of the CIVIS Local Consultative Council and CIVIS Open Lab Project. “ Analysis of support programs for the elderly ”. Amparo Reyes, member of the CIVIS Local Consultative Council and the Social Council of the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- The Observatory for the Conservation of the Heritage of the Sierra de Guadarrama. Emilio Criado, Member of the Social Council of the Autonomous University of Madrid and Vice President of the Observatory.
- CIVIS Open Lab Project “Mobility and Context Data”. Juan Ignacio Sánchez, Professor at the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- CIVIS Open Lab project "Heritage for all: citizen participation and social innovation". Javier Salido, Professor at the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- 13.00 CET - END