CIVIS Webinar - No organ is untouchable: the systemic nature of autoimmune diseases
31 March 2022← Back to events
- Type of event
- Open to
- CIVIS students & academics
- 31 March 2022
The primary target of this CIVIS webinar is to designate the systemic nature of autoimmune and autoinflammatory conditions. No organ has immunity against systemic autoimmune diseases creating a variety of clinical phenotypes complicating diagnosis and management. Students interested in autoimmunity should be aware of the multiple faces of autoimmunity created by their systemic nature.
Main topics addressed
- The role of the lung in systemic autoimmunity and beyond
- Systemic lupus erythematous: The prototypical systemic autoimmune disease
- Systemic vasculitis: Vessels are everywhere
- Learn to recognize the clinical features, diagnosis, and experimental models of autoimmune interstitial lung disease (ILD) and discover the link between autoimmunity and fibrosing ILD in the face of Interstitial pneumonia with autoimmune features (IPAF).
- Learn about systemic lupus erythematosus, beyond the basics.
- Discover the world of systemic vasculitides.
Requirements and registration
This CIVIS webinar is open to both students and academics at one of CIVIS member universities. 75 participants will be selected to participate in the webinar. The registration deadline is 30 March 2022.
To register, send your CV to :
- Loukas Chatzis - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athanasios Tzioufas - email@example.com
The evaluation of the CV will be based on previous activities, subjects and degrees related to autoimmunity.
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Identification of particular clinical clusters of autoimmune interstitial lung disease (ILD) through different molecular patterns
Interstitial pneumonia with autoimmune features: the missing link between autoimmunity and fibrosing ILD
The laboratory in the diagnosis of ILD associated to connective tissue disease (CTD)
Experimental models of the ILD associated to CTD
Université libre de Bruxelles
Systemic lupus erythematous: The prototypical systemic autoimmune disease
University of Glasgow
Systemic vasculitis: Vessels are everywhere