Sexual and reproductive health
Discover all you need to know about sexual and reproductive health!← Back to courses
- CIVIS focus area
- Open to
- Field of studies
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Course dates
- 16 - 20 May 2022
- Apply by
- 31 March 2022 Apply now
The objective of this short term mobility course is to familiarise students with the clinical manifestations, diagnosis, medical and surgical management and prevention of the most common diseases of the female and male reproductive system, with a focus on infertility, contraception and sexual health.
This CIVIS course also involves opportunities for participating students to explore local culture with local students as guides.
Key feature events
- Lectures by both local and visiting professors from the partner universities on the theme
- Student case scenarios presentations
- Workshops involving academics and students
- Round-table discussions
- Combination of theory and practice, with observations of clinics and surgeries
- Sexual health
- Reproductive health
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Transgender health
|Dates: 16 - 20 May 2022||Language: English (B1)|
|Format: Physical||ECTS: 1-2*|
|Location: Athens, Greece||N° of CIVIS scholarships: 20|
This CIVIS course will be running for a total of 5 days.
Students will have the opportunity to attend clinically oriented lessons at the first half of the day and then implement their knowledge on case solving based on clinical case scenarios in workshops of small numbers of students.
* The recognition of ECTS depends on your home university.
This CIVIS course is open to Bachelor's students at one of CIVIS member universities.
A B1 level of English is required.
Interested students should send a short CV and a motivation letter by 31 March 2022 to the organiser of the course Irene Lambrinoudaki (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students will be assessed at the end of the Summer School, based on the presentation of the full workup and management of their cases.
- Irene Lambrinoudaki, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Melpomeni Peppa, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Nikolaos Vlahos, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Konstantinos Stravodimos, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Stavroula Paschou, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Thierry Brue, Aix-Marseille Université
- Frederic Castinetti, Aix-Marseille Université
- Romain Boissier, Aix-Marseille Université
- Cecile Brachet, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Jose Luis Bartha, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
- Sara Cogliati, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
- Andrea Isidori, Sapienza Università di Roma
- Lucio Gnessi, Sapienza Università di Roma
- Antonio Carbone, Sapienza Università di Roma
Guest speakers from government departments, decision or policymakers, the business world and civil society will also be involved in the Summer School to present their views on relevant issues.