CIVIS member universities are looking to host experienced researchers, with excellent CV and track record, in the framework of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship funding scheme.
The MSCA-IF scheme grants two types of research fellowships:
- European Fellowship (EF-ST): the research is carried out at a European host institution and has a duration of 1 to 2 years
- Global Fellowship (GF): the research is carried out in a country outside Europe for 1 to 2 years (“outgoing phase”) and then, it must be concluded at a European host institution for 1 year (“return phase”).
Specific funding schemes are dedicated to researchers who had a career break (Career Restart Panel – EF-CAR) and to support the return of European researchers from outside Europe (Reintegration Panel – EF-RI).
The MSCA-IF-2020 call is now open (deadline September 9, 2020).
Who can apply to an MSCA-IF?
Researchers of any age, nationality and discipline who:
- are in possession of a doctoral degree or at least 4 years of full-time research experience
- do not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of the host institution for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the call (mobility rule).
For Global Fellowships the mobility rule applies to the country of the host institution during the outgoing phase (third country).
For Reintegration and Career Restart Panel researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of the host institution for more than 36 months in the 5 years prior to the call.
Why apply with a CIVIS member university as your host institution?
Applicants will receive extensive support throughout the preparation and submission of their proposal. This will include:
- one-to-one assistance during proposal preparation provided by the Research Unit of the university where they will be hosted
- access to supporting materials commonly developed by the CIVIS network
- participation in online training on project drafting
In addition, applicants will be able to count on a solid network of 8 universities, which brings together a community of more than 384,000 students and 30,000 academics and researchers, for the dissemination and communication activities of their projects.
Moreover, CIVIS member universities are concretely working on strengthening their collaborations in the research field. Researchers working in a CIVIS member university will be able to access events, training sessions, laboratories and undertake mobility in any of the university of the Alliance.
How to submit an expression of interest?
Researchers seeking to apply to an MSCA-IF with a CIVIS university as host institution must fill out the online application form. Applicants will be requested to
provide the following information: CV, name of the potential supervisor, proposal idea, motivation statement.
It is possible to choose a potential supervisor among the many researchers and professors from CIVIS universities who have expressed their interest to host MSCA-IF fellows (see the list below) or researchers can propose a supervisor from a CIVIS university with whom they are already in contact. If the application is accepted, the supervisor will contact the researcher to start working on the MSCA-IF proposal.
Applicants selected to submit a proposal jointly with a supervisor from a CIVIS university will be able to take
part to an online workshop and training materials on how to draft a successful MSCA-IF proposal taking place at the beginning of July. Moreover, they will be assisted throughout the preparation and submission of their proposals.
The deadline to submit the expression of interest is 8 June 2020 - 12:00 CET.
LIST OF POTENTIAL CIVIS SUPERVISORS
- Panel Chemistry (CHE)
- Panel Economic Sciences (ECO)
- Panel Information Science and Engineering (ENG)
- Panel Environmental and Geosciences (ENV)
- Panel Life Science (LIF)
- Panel Mathematics (MAT)
- Panel Physics (PHY)
- Panel Social Sciences and Humanities (SOC)
For further information you can contact:
- Aix Marseille Université: email@example.com
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Bucharest: email@example.com
- Université Libre de Bruxelles: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Universidad Autonoma de Madrid: email@example.com
- Sapienza Università di Roma: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stockholm University: email@example.com
- University of Tübingen: Elisabeth.Baier@uni-tuebingen.de
- panel-economic-sciences-eco.pdf 296 KB
- panel-chemistry-che.pdf 639 KB
- panel-mathematics-mat.pdf 383 KB
- panel-life-science-lif.pdf 1 MB
- panel-information-science-and-engineering-eng.pdf 511 KB
- panel-environment-env.pdf 487 KB
- panel-physics-phy.pdf 395 KB
- panel-social-sciences-and-humanities-soc.pdf 823 KB