CIVIS, a European Civic University brings together eight leading research universities from eight countries across Europe: Aix-Marseille Université (France), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Greece), University of Bucharest (Romania), Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium), Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Sapienza Università di Roma (Italia), Stockholm University (Sweden) and Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen (Germany).
Our mission is to create an inter-university space to facilitate the collaboration between our academics and researchers on 5 key research and education areas to develop joint study programmes at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels at the CIVIS member universities.
- Cities, territories and mobilities
- Digital and Technological transformation
- Climate, environment and energy
- Society, culture, heritage
To this extent, we are launching our first CIVIS call for projects to our academics and researchers.
The purpose of the CIVIS Schools (IP: CS) is to enhance collaboration among the partner Universities of the CIVIS alliance, bringing together their scholars and students.
- CS may be organized independently by any Faculty/School/Department of the CIVIS alliance Universities, at a Faculty/School/Department level, at the International Office level or in collaboration of several among these.
- In collaboration with the respective Faculties/Schools/Departments of at least two (2) other CIVIS alliance Universities (taking into account geographical balance) or more.
- May include lessons/fieldwork in the different participating Universities.
- In case of existing Summer Schools in the CIVIS alliance, they can be part of the Short-Term Mobility, if Professors from other 2 CIVIS Universities are included and the other criteria are adapted to these of this call.
One (1), two (2) or three (3) weeks or any other period of days within (i.e., 10 or 15 days).
- Schools can be offered in the Winter Semester, the Spring Semester or during the Summer vacations.
- Each CS can be proposed for a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 6 editions (2 per year).
The IP: CSW/CSD programme should:
- Be related to one of the 5 themes of the Alliance:
- Cities, Territories, Mobilities
- Climate, Environment, Energy
- Digital & Technological transformations
- Society, Culture, Heritage
- Each year the IP: CSW/CSD may have a specific (sub)theme that all of IP: CSW/CSD speakers, talks and events will focus on. Themes may vary from year.
- Include, to the extent of possible, themes cultivating bridges between Europe, the Mediterranean and Africa.
- The CS programme may include:
- Lessons or lectures
- Workshops involving academics & students
- Combine theory and practice, by including some fieldwork, laboratory work, experiments or practice.
- Visit to a local institution related to the field of studies.
Call Deadline – submission procedure
- Proposals for the organization of CS should be submitted by 30th June 2020 for CS to be held in Summer 2020.
- For CS to be held in the forthcoming academic year's proposals should be submitted by October 31 for a CS to be held in the next Spring Semester and by April 1 for a CS to be held in the next summer or the next Winter Semester.
- Submission should be done:
- by the leading Faculty/School member of the CIVIS University hosting first the IP: CSW/CSD in the next academic year.
- by filling in the CS submission form, co-signed by his/her peers in the other partner Universities.
- submission: by e-mail, to the CIVIS Steering Committee - email@example.com
Further information including the eligibility criteria, application form and a detailed description of the call can be found in the document below.