Applications are open for an External Project Evaluator position for ERAMUS+ project CIVIS2
The CIVIS Alliance is looking for an external evaluator to monitor and evaluate the second phase of the ERASMUS+ funded project CIVIS2. The role covers the period between March 2024 and September 2026. Applications must be sent before the 31 of January, 2024.
The CIVIS2 project’s objectives are:
- share a long-term strategy on education, research, and innovation;
- create a European inter-university campus;
- go beyond existing higher education cooperation models;
- improve social inclusiveness and geographical balance;
- prepare new generations to future changes;
- promote links to territories as tools for openness to the entire society.
Profile and tasks
With the support of the Executive Director and Quality Officer in the Coordination Office of CIVIS, the external evaluator will collaborate with different CIVIS2 project bodies/ entities, participate in selected activities provided by the project, offer a consultative role to support the strategic decision making during and after the project’s lifetime (if requested), while operating in an efficient and timely manner.
The External Project Evaluator is expected to:
- assess the progress towards the project’s key objectives and the European University Alliances objectives/ goals,
- identify problems/ challenges/ hurdles /deviations and propose recommendations for improvements,
- highlight strengths and best practices to orientate future actions for the Alliance,
- ensure the quality and effectiveness of actions undertaken by CIVIS members and strategic African partners as part of the project,
- assess the quality of activities, administration, coordination, organisation and internal quality assurance tools/ mechanisms/ processes etc. within CIVIS2,
- clearly communicate the process and results to CIVIS2 bodies/ entities during and after the evaluation (ex. through meetings and workshops).
On the basis of these tasks, the evaluator will produce two quality reports, which will be delivered to the European Commission.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- competence in project assessment and quality evaluation (30%);
- previous competence in EU-funded project evaluation (30%);
- experience in academic mobility and international cooperation (20%);
- experience in EU-funded project management (10%);
- motivation (10%).
Please see the full call for applications attached for more details about the role and the submission process.
CIVIS is an European University Alliance (Aix Marseille Université, France; National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece; Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium; University of Bucharest, Romania; Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain; Università degli studi di Roma la Sapienza, Italy; Paris Lodron University Salzburg, Austria; Stockholms Universitet, Sweden; Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen, Germany; University of Glasgow, Scotland; University of Lausanne, Switzerland) whose aim is to have a significant impact on our societies’ development, locally and globally. Based on the solid and innovative education and scientific activity in each institution, CIVIS unites efforts and experiences to develop an alliance with strong links to the local, social and geographical environments and an orientation toward global challenges.
The Alliance stands for a transnational collaboration of civic universities and encourages critical thinking, adaptability and resilience. In order to share and build knowledge among students, teachers, researchers, and civil society,
CIVIS makes educational, scientific, and civic resources as open and accessible as possible.