CIVIS is delighted to invite you to the conference Cross-border R&I in the European Universities Initiative, taking place on 25 March 2022 in Brussels at the Académie Royale de Belgique and online.
The research and innovation dimension of CIVIS is supported by the RIS4CIVIS project, as part of which we are hosting this one-day conference. Representatives of CIVIS and other pilot alliances will meet policy experts and actors to debate and share their experiences of the reality of cross-border R&I.
|9:30 - 10:15
RIS4CIVIS: Addressing 21st-century challenges through R&I
- Welcome speech
- Annemie Schaus, Rector of the Université libre de Bruxelles and CIVIS President
- Presentation of CIVIS
- Francois Heinderyckx, Advisor to the Rector, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Anne Weyembergh, Vice-Rector for External Relations and Development, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Keynote speech on the state of play for research in Europe
- Patrick Brenier, Advisor for the European Research Area and Open Science, European Commission
- Presentation of RIS4CIVIS
- Philippe Delaporte, Vice-Rector for Research, Aix-Marseille Université
|10:15 - 10:45
||Networking Coffee Break
|10:45 - 12:30
Panel 1 - European University alliances: a new nexus of innovation
- Moderator: Stephane Berghmans, Director for Research and innovation, EUA
- Ciro Franco, Head of Research Support Office, Sapienza Università di Roma
Jordi Garcia, Vice-Rector for Research, University of Barcelona (representing CHARM EU)
Mirka Gottberg, European Comision, Directorate General of Research and Innovation, Research and Technology Infrastructure Policy sector
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, Dean of the Solvay School of Economics and Management, Université libre de Bruxelles
Panel 2 - The European researcher: University alliances as a springboard to integrated mobility
- Moderator: Marius Gilbert, Vice-Rector for Research, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Stijn Delaure, Policy Officer for Universities, European Commission Directorate-General for Research & Innovation
- Louise Wallenberg, Professor and RIS4CIVIS Work Package Leader, Stockholm University
- Olga Wessels, Head of ECIU Brussels Office (representing ECIU)
- Sara Wilmet, Researcher Mobility Manager, Université catholique de Louvain
Practical information & registration
The event will be held at the following address:
Palais des Académies, Salle des Marbres, 1 rue Ducale, 1000 Brussels.
You can also join the event online.
Registration is closed.