University: Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
|Open to: CIVIS teachers and students||Number of participants: 25|
- 24 May 2022, 9.30-12.30 CET
- 25 May 2022, 9.30-12.30 CET
- 26 May 2022, 9.30-12.30 CET
- 31 May 2022, 9.30-12.30 CET
- 1 June 2022, 9.30-12.30 CET
- 2 June 2022, 9.30-12.30 CET
This course offers a wide range of tools for learning about the culture of peace and conflict resolution through the critical analysis of images and the use of art for peacebuilding. Images have an extraordinary power to convey ideas and to shape visions of reality. There is a collective imaginary that reinforces the use of force in conflict resolution, that criminalises migration and reinforces discrimination between men and women, among other issues. These reductionist and stereotypical views must be overcome through education. It is important to develop new narratives that promote the culture of peace and the peaceful resolution of conflicts, based on dialogue, consensus building and the promotion of values related to solidarity.
In this course you will learn to:
- Analyse and decode images and messages about peace, violence, conflict and development and the gender perspective, based on practical cases related to art, theatre, graphic design or infographics, among others.
- To develop strategies for the peaceful resolution of conflicts through dialogue.
- To develop strategies for visual communication on peace and conflict.
- To learn about good practices on culture of peace and conflict resolution carried out in Greece, Italy and Spain.
- Key notions on peace, violence and conflict from a gender perspective.
- Learning to analyse and decode images and messages: graphic design, media, infographics and art.
- Peaceful conflict resolution through dialogue.
- The relationship between conflict and arts in a culture and heritage (different representations of conflicts in arts) and in some international cooperation projects aimed to conflict resolution and social cohesion.
- How to address conflicts and controversial issue through dialogue.
The course will be analytical and applied. On the one hand, participants will learn essential concepts in the culture of peace and conflict resolution. On the other hand, they will learn about good practices and lessons learned to promote a culture of peace and conflict resolution based on dialogue and empathy.
People interested in attending the second workshop are invited to register through the online form.
Handbook: Caja de herramientas para una cultura de paz. DEMOSPAZ.
Find out about the different facilitators and their contact details in this document.